Tuesday, August 7, 2012

And the next layer is . . .

NEW Chapter!  So first of all today marks the new school year!  We have 2 very excited and happy children which means 2 very happy and excited parents.  We are positively optimistic about the teachers that each daughter has for the year and hope to make big strides academically this year.

Just home from my last Orthopaedic Surgeon's appointment.  Since April 24th when I fantastically broke my radius bone off and dislocated my ulna, I have had a plate and screws and done 20 apts. of hand therapy.  Today the surgeon told me that he is "very impressed and I am cleared to fully resume life!"  My bike is at the shop, and next week when I pick it up I will begin again on the greenway in pursuit of exercise, fresh air, and solitude with my thoughts.

Lastly, there is a push on this journey to increase my earnings to pay for medical bills (and new tires) so I am trying to buckle down and "sew to sell"  I have a T-shirt quilt that I have been commissioned to create for a fellow Mommy friend, and have begun sewing seasonal items like table runners for fall and football season.  Need to set a date for my Tupperware open house and sell some of my samples at greatly reduced prices.

My last layer at this moment is eager anticipation of getting back to work on the farm. Lucky Ladd will use me in the fall, coming in September I will be weekends in the concession stand and week days with the field trip kids, looking forward to fall on the farm -- it really helps me to not miss Michigan so much in the fall, feels like the best of fall in Michigan can be found right here, without the worry of snow and frost on the pumpkin!  Memories of Halloween costumes with winter coats on under neath them!

Layers - lots of things going on, but together they blend to form the greatest gift - my sweet life!

No comments:

Post a Comment